sites

Friday 5 August 2016

100 Word Challenge

For the 100 Word Challenge this week I learnt how to use personification which is a powerful form of a metaphor. We had to write a few sentences with them in it. I hope you like my one!



The fireflies shone the way to my house. They are yellow with a tinge of gold. The trees swayed in the wind like little brothers having fights.The wind was gashing my flesh, it felt like bees stinging me.
The ground was as soft as a pillow. The sky was the same colour as hazelnut crunch. The trees in the distance waited for my arrival. I was walking through paradise.
I heard the water in the creek falling down the waterfall

The fireflies said goodbye as I walked on.

1 comment:

  1. What amazing descriptions of the environment. Imagine if the ground was 'as soft as a pillow.' It would make rugby less painful. I would be interested to know what exactly 'personification' is from your perspective.

    I look forward to your next blog post Cayde.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.